Thursday 2 August 2012

Lesson 6: IT ENTERS A NEW LEARNING ENVIRONMENT

When I was young, I thought studying was memorizing but I realized it never was. In my college days, I have this classmate who studies a lot and she was like talking to herself while stating words out of our book. I found her noisy and annoying. She was memorizing things and I did not. I never loved memorizing. When I study, I keep really silent and I read the notes. I just thought, well, we have different ways in studying and probably we were trained on how to study inversely. Memorization is a part of studying it does not really mean when you study, you are immediately quoted as memorizing. We have known of the new learning theories and read it. It does not mean we should stop memorization when we want students to learn, it means that we have to rub on the things that we want our students to learn. They need to be exposed to the activities related to the discussion so in that way, they will not easily forget the new learning.In Filipino tradition, people still have superstitious beliefs and still connect their lives with such. When we have discovered something which is contradicting to others, we tend to keep the discovery and forget it. We are afraid of what the other people would say about us. There will be questions that would boggle up our mind and the society might not agree with us; this is what usually happens to us because as a person we incline on putting ourselves on the safe zone and not going far beyond what we can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.