Thursday 2 August 2012

Lesson 12: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN SUPPORT OF STUDENT-CENTERED LEARNING

Student centered learning may look like giving the students a chance to be noisy and unmanageable but the truth is, this makes them who they are. Teachers help them in believing in their own knowledge and are independent on what they think. There are ways which can make students learn while having fun, making it memorable and healthy. It depends on the strategy of the teacher on how to keep these three things in class. The traditional classroom setting is not bad at all. The students learned of course but I know and I have confidence in myself that this kind of setting is quite boring. Traditional setting is listening to your teacher, looking at all the visuals he prepared and usually the teacher walks around the room to see to it that everyone is listening. Even if you are the teacher and you noticed that the students are behave, it does not mean that they are listening and they are all absorbing the lessons or examples stated. I am so happy that in the long last, the education has built its way on how to mix fun in learning process. Whenever I surf the internet and search about a topic asks by the teacher, I feel like alive. It is like I am in my own territory. I can do what I want and not just that, I can go through so many things rather than focusing on the topic. There are subtopics of that topic, so I will know even the smallest matter of the issue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.