Thursday 2 August 2012

Lesson 10: THE COMPUTER AS A TUTOR

We all know that Philippines is a developing country. There are a lot of places in the country which are not fully formed as urban areas. Facilities and materials of these undeveloped areas are not that high-tech. Upon knowing that there are countries ahead of us with regards to technology, it does not make us sad. Software materials can be spread through technology or if not because nowadays people sell their knowledge, we can buy it. When I was in elementary, I went to an exclusive school. In our computer subject, whenever the class was very attentive and behave, our teacher gave us time to play with the computer. All the games there were very helpful and educational. My favourite game was Mario Teaches Typing. It helped me indeed. Up until now, I still use the right fingers for the right letter in the keyboard. As what we can see now, our kids and the students know about a lot of computer games, they have DOTA, Counter Strike, Ragnarok and Tetris. I believe kids play these games because of relaxation.  They just want to give themselves a break for many other things that they are stressed of. I did not have a laptop when I was in high school but I had my flash disk because I needed it whenever there are projects and I could not print at home. It is still very fresh to me how everything went this high-tech. I had difficulties, in memorizing before about the keys and letters in the keyboard which is part of a computer where ion you can type whatever you want. That time, computer was my tutor. I played Mario and Dolphins, after such I went really fast in typing and now, I no longer look at the keys. In addition to that, if I have something I am not really familiar of like a word or a story, I will just google it or search it over the net. It actually helps he teacher wherein you do not disturb them and as well as yourself because your training yourself how to be independent and believe in your own knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.